The Price of a Date the Year You Graduated
Remember the good old days? How things have changed. A dinner and a date today in Bismarck could run you at least $50 for a movie for two, popcorn and soda (for two) and if you're feeling really nice, maybe one of those $5 candy bars. If this person is really special, you could throw in a dinner at a modest restaurant for another $50.
MSN-Money released these figures last week. You can read more on the methodology here. The research viewed the cost of dinner and a movie. Of course, you have to consider geographical location. Prices could vary somewhat from the Midwest to the Southern region. The numbers below are an average.
The prices below are a total price for dinner and a movie for 2.
- 2010 - $79.90 (movie $15.78 and dinner $64.12)
- 2005 - $55.68 (movie $12.82 and dinner $68.50)
- 2000- $48.98 (movie $10.78 and dinner $59.76)
- 1990- $38.64 (movie $8.46 and dinner $47.10)
- 1980- $25.34 (movie $5.38 and dinner $30.73)
- 1970- $11.44 (movie $3.10 and dinner $14.54)
- 1960- $8.76 (movie $1.20 and dinner $9.96)
You can go back to further years and decades here. My oh my, how things have changed.