4th of July By the Numbers
Bismarck 4th of July traditions. Fireworks, parades, the Mandan Rodeo and parade all come to mind. Nationally, let's see how we match up with the rest of the country when it comes to 4th of July celebrations according to Wallet Hub.
Every holiday has traditions and the 4th is no different from any other holiday in the country. According to Wallet Hub, here are the 4th of July by the numbers-
- We will buy 190 million pounds of beef in the 2 weeks prior to the 4th.
- More to 40 % of us will watch a fireworks display.
- The 4th is the largest beer drinking holiday of the year!
- Over 60% of us own an American Flag.
- Almost 25% of us will buy more patriotic items to add to what we already own.
- We will chomp down on over 150 million hot dogs.
- 690 of us will go to the hospital with fireworks related injuries.
You can get more of the numbers from the 4th of July holiday here.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!