Do You Save Money For Christmas?
A little planning can save you a lot of stress over the Christmas season. It might be a little late to start this year, but starting a "Christmas Savings Account" for next year could save you a bunch of Holiday stress for next year and was the topic of the "SURVEY OF THE DAY":
Holiday Spending Survey
A new survey by US News reveals that 40% of people have no money saved for the holidays. Other findings:
35% of people say they have saved what they need for the holidays.
How much people plan to spend on the holidays ...
$499 or less... 50%
between $500 and $999... 21%
between $1000 and $1,500... 12%
A new survey by Yelp reveals that 28% of people have gone into debt due to holiday shopping. Other findings:
- the average person will spend three months paying off their holiday debt.
- the average person plans to spend $972 on the holidays this year.
Unfortunately, stress is a big part of the Holiday Season. Finances aren't the only thing contributing to that stress. Here are some things to avoid to reduce your stress levels.
MOST STRESSFUL WAYS TO CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAYS
1. Hosting a party or dinner 51%
2. Friends or family staying with me 45%
3. Traveling to see family or friends 45%
4. Going out to dinner with family or friends 29%
5. Taking a vacation 24%
MOST STRESSFUL PARTS OF HOSTING FOR THE HOLIDAYS
1. Cleaning their home before a hosted dinner 41%
2. Having enough time to get everything ready 38%
3. Preparing holiday meals 36%
4. Cleaning my home after a hosted dinner 34%
5. Preparing their home for houseguests 34%