Have You Peaked As A Dad?
Have you gone from a cool dad to and grumpy old man? According to a new online poll, It seems like dads lose their cool factor in their early 40s.
I know I think I'm still somewhat cool, however my 15-year-old-son who's a sophomore at BHS probably disagrees. So I set out to find when dads actually peak! Here's what a recent on-line poll had to say:
A new survey asked people for the signs that you've hit "peak dad." Here are the top 10.
1. Laughing at your own bad jokes, 33%. I have to admit I do this all the time...In fact. "Did you hear the rumor about butter? Well, I'm not going to spread it."
2. Busting out bad dance moves, 32%. I've been doing this since rink dances in my teens.
3. Embarrassing your kids on purpose, 31%. How can this mean you've peaked? This is so much fun right?
4. Always manning the grill, 30%. Nobody touches my grill except me. This goes without saying.
5. Constantly doing repairs around the house, 30%. Yep, I actually look forward to my trips to Menards on the weekend.
6. Getting excited to go to home improvement stores, 29%. See number 5.
7. Spending lots of time in "the shed," 28%. Yep, it's my second man cave.
8. Having "a chair," 28%. What's wrong with that I say?
9. Taking mid-afternoon naps, 28%. This I don't do. In fact I haven't taken a nap since kindergarten going to school in Grand Forks.
10. Wearing cargo shorts, 28%. Again, what's wrong with cargo shorts? If Charlie Sheen can get away with it, so can I!