North Dakota High-Risk Sex Offenders Living Near An Elementary School Bus Stop?
This morning, my fiance sent me a disturbing article out of Fargo. It was about a Fargo school bus stop and its proximity to a house of sex offenders. High-risk sex offenders.
According to Valley News Live (Fargo), a Fargo elementary school's bus stop is located only about 250 feet away from a house where six high-risk sex offenders live. The report says that, while Fargo Public Schools is aware of this, the stop cannot be moved at the moment; but there are alternative stops where children can be dropped. Get the full story here.
I did some digging to learn more about these high-risk sex offender. Check out what I found out about each man below:
- July 26, 1980 - Sentenced in Minnesota for offering a ride to a 20-year-old female, then driving her to a deserted area and raping her while holding a buck knife to her throat.
- June 30, 1994 - Sentenced in North Dakota for raping an adult female in Grand Forks
- March 18, 1987 - Sentenced in Indiana for fondling a 10-year-old boy who was temporarily staying at his house.
- September 10, 2008 - Sentenced in North Dakota for providing a 15-year-old boy with pornographic DVDs and magazines.
- November 28, 2016 - Sentenced in North Dakota for engaging in sexual contact with a 10-year-old. He was 58-years-old at the time.
- January 8, 2004 - Sentenced in North Dakota for digitally penetrating a 12-year-old girl on five occasions in one month. He also raped her one of the times.
- February 25, 2014 - Sentenced in North Dakota for downloading several images and other items of child pornography to his computer while he was on probation for sexual imposition.
- December 12, 1989 - Sentenced in North Dakota for having a relationship with a 12-year-old that resulted in fondling and digital penetration
- May 1, 1995 - Sentenced in Colorado for sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl and a 14-year-old girl at a skating rink. He repeatedly skated by to pinch their butts or grab their breasts.
- November 12, 2008 - Sentenced in North Dakota for luring a minor by computer.
All six of those men are high-risk sex offenders, meaning they are likely to re-offend. Five out of those six men have violated children in some way. None of them can even live within 500 feet of a school, according to North Dakota law. Get all the details about sex offenders in North Dakota here.
This is insane to me. If the schools can't change the bus stop, can't they just stop utilizing that particular location? Those men can't live 500 feet from a school, but they can live 250 feet from an elementary school bus stop- where kids may be left alone without an adult at times?
Would you drop your young child off at a bus stop located so closely to the home of a high-risk sex offender?