That’s A Wrap
Part of the fun of the Christmas season is present wrapping. I love to shop for new wrapping papers and come up with some sort of wrapper/gift bag theme each year. However, my wrapping skills are subpar. My wrapping either looks magnificent or like a hot mess. There is no in-between and I don't even know why.
I clearly need to work a bit on my wrapping skills. If you also need help, I've found great step-by-step instructions to help you become the wrap god/goddess you were meant to be.
What you'll need:
- An assortment of wrapping paper (I like the papers that have the "cheat sheet" grids)
- DOUBLE-SIDED tape
- Boxes (for odd-shaped gifts)
- Scissors (or one of those wrapping paper sticks with the blade on it)
- Anything extra like ribbons and name tags
- Using a table or other flat, solid surface, place giftbox facedown on rolled-out wrapping paper and cut paper wide enough to cover both SIDES of the box (Don't cut paper from roll just yet). *If you have an oddly-shaped gift, box it, then wrap it.
- While standing on the same side as the roll, pull paper on the far end of the box, taught over that end. Tape ends with double-sided tape and crease paper along the edge of the box.
- Unroll paper and bring it to meet the taped end. Cut paper from the roll, and leave one inch of overhang. Fold and crease the overhanging inch and adhere to the double-sided tape.
- Now, to the open sides. Push sides of the paper inward, creating 45-degree-angle flaps, and crease along the flaps.
- Fold down the top flap and crease the flap along the bottom edge of the box. Cut the excess paper along the bottom crease and what remains to the box.
- Fold under the excess paper on the bottom flap, making it aline with the top of the box. Apply the double-sided tape to that flap and fold it over the top flap.
- Repeat steps 4-6 on the other side of the box and make sure the creases on all the folds look sharp.
- Add your own finishing touches with ribbons, name tags, and anything else you like.
If all else fails, you can always find cute gift bags and stuff them with a ton of fun tissue paper.