Turkey Trot Is Here!
My wife has made me run the Turkey Trot ever since we met. In fact, it was my first 5K and damn it was bitterly cold that year. I've never forgiven her for making me run in those temperatures, but I still love her and we still run(I walk) the Turkey Trot every year with our dogs. Be sure to join me broadcasting live at the Bismarck Elks from 7:30-9 and walking the Turkey Trot again this year.
Every year, thousands of runners and walkers hit the scenic trails along the Missouri River on Thanksgiving morning. This family event offers a 5-K Run, a 10-K Run, a 5-K Competitive Walk and a Fun Walk.
- Registration: 8:00 a.m. at the Bismarck Elks Club.
- Race time: 9:15 a.m. You won’t miss a minute of the football games!
- Early bird discounts available, see registration site for details.
- Gold, silver and bronze medals are offered in both genders beginning with younger-than-14, and extending to over-70.
- The Turkey Trot relies upon pledges for the majority of its income, contact Pam at 701 222-3998 for information on collecting pledges.
- All participants who register by November 10 receive a long-sleeved T-shirt. (after November 10, shirts are available until we run out.)
- Water and refreshments are available after the race.
- Pre-Race-Day Pick-Up of Race-Day Packets - Nov. 23, 10am to 2pm at CFA office (107 W Main Ave #150) and Nov. 27, 12pm to 7pm at Kirkwood Mall Scheels.
- Day of the race packet pick up at the Elks.